Ironically, this type of subconscious mind conditioning concerning the word ‘black’ in the context of spirituality is probably Christian. Christianity, of course, is a ‘new’ religion in world history, invented around 2000 years ago. Shamanism, however - closely related to Animism, humanity’s original spirituality - has been around for tens of thousands of years–a fact supported by extensive archaeological evidence.
What is bad or evil? This is a tough question to answer when we consider that multitudes of people have different definitions. And simply speaking, bad or evil can be defined as contrary to the will of the loving Spirit. Some things are obviously bad, and we have a partly working conscience that can help us determine this. I say ‘partly’ because that is a significant part of our problem–our deep-seated subconscious conditioning–religious, spiritual or otherwise–affects our conscience and can make it faulty.
To simplify the bad/evil issue further: Let’s say a Spirit mind exists. A core aspect of this Spirit mind is that it is loving, as well as wise. The problem, then, is that our minds do not fully align with the Spirit mind for various reasons, a major one of which is the hindrance of our subconscious. Thus, we do not fully understand good and bad–how can we? Often, what appears bad can be good, and vice versa. Among other things, this illustrates the critical importance of humility, abhorrence of our own opinion unless genuinely based on facts and the need to clear subconscious blocks which distort thinking and our realisation of truth/wisdom.
So, what is a ‘Black Shaman’?
I quote from the (now defunct) Tengerism website:
"There are three different types of shamans- Black, White, and Yellow. The first two of these types are traditional and the third, a result of influence from Buddhism. It is important to note that the designations of “Black” and “White” do not mean “evil” and “good”. There are different types of spirits that shamans work with and they reside within the four directions. In Siberian tradition, each direction has a colour. A shaman’s colour is determined from which direction he gets his power."
Black Shaman Tradition
"Black shamans are the most powerful of all the shamans and they get their power from the Northern direction. They are warrior shamans and overcome evil by battling might vs. might. They are the models of courage and discipline. Historically, Black shamans had fulfilled roles in both times of peace and in times of war. In wartime, they boosted the soldiers’ morale and did ceremonies to help in battle. The power of the army was connected to the Black shamans, so these shamans were heavily recruited in times of war. During times of peace, Black shamans served as advisors and conducted foreign policy by making peace and alliances. During the time of the Mongolian Empire, all treaties were ratified by shaman ceremonies. Both historically and today, Black shamans do many other types of shamanic work. They do hunting rituals, healing work, protection, divination, and curse enemies. Black shamans have to be careful to stay in balance, for a shaman that curses too much, will lose their ability to heal and would become an outcast."
Wikipedia has this to say: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_shamanism
‘Black Shamans’ are not, and were not, exclusive to the far east. Aspects of shamanism and animism are a worldwide spiritual practice and are hard-coded into the psyche of every human being, which is one reason using visual techniques (think top sports people, for example) is so effective. The visual graphic is a critically important tenet of shamanism.
So what about the ‘war stuff’? Isn’t that bad? Let me ask you a question… If you had been in World War 2 fighting the Nazis, would you have asked the same question? If Britain, the US and others had not resisted (i.e. waged war against) Nazi Germany, what kind of world would we live in today? War is terrible if it is engaged in for the wrong reasons. This brings us back to being in tune with the mind of a loving Spirit. And yes, shooting an advancing SS stormtrooper would have been a good thing. Ideally, and if multitudes of people (especially leaders) tuned into genuine Spirit (not religious dogma or quasi-spirituality), we would not have as much war.
Unfortunately, our current societal situation means that someone is coming to ‘do bad’ to you if they can, even if it is simply to burgle your house or lie to gain an advantage over you. As we know, other people can be a problem. These problems stem from how they think. Besides the obvious effects of ghastly thinking, such as Adolf Hitler and his cronies indulged in the last century, there is the little-known ‘thought-form’ effect.
How we think can create a ‘thought-form’ with spiritual power – we can even feel it; good examples are places with an unexplained feeling. Advanced practitioners of the martial art Ninjutsu can attack an enemy’s mind simply by thinking. One of the ‘jobs’ of a ‘Black Shaman’ is to counter evil thought forms in the spiritual dimension-plane. These thought forms can emanate from individuals, groups, societies, and even entire countries. An important aspect is tuning into the will and wisdom of Spirit by the Black Shaman so that he or she is acting correctly and ethically. Apart from the fact that using spiritual power in the wrong way would make a Black Shaman part of the problem, we need to remember any person, and any Shaman, steps into the bad evil zone when they are not aligning with true Spiritual wisdom.
Personally, I have taken a ‘quality decision’ and ‘heart alignment’ that I only want the will of the loving Spirit in my life and actions. This includes an attitude of being willing to be made willing. Logic plays a big part, too–consider this: if indeed there is a loving and all-powerful Spirit mind, doesn’t it make sense to be humble and willing? By creating a ‘mind vacuum’, you ‘legally’ create the vacancy for the Spirit mind. Your opinion is crap unless proven otherwise. Your opinion can cause much suffering and even evil. Come on… you know yourself deep inside.
The term ‘legal’ brings me to my closing point… why, if there is a loving and all-powerful Spirit, doesn’t ‘it-she-he’ make the world a better place ASAP? We certainly need a solution… Think about it this way… a loving mind does not force itself on people. Had loving Spirit forced itself on Adolf Hitler to change his thinking, for example, Spirit would have ceased to exist as ‘loving’ and instead would have become an abuser…. er… like Adolf. This is just one reason it is critical for you to clear subconscious mind blocks/conditioning; because it is hindering you from finding truth and wisdom. Some of this conditioning can even be of the ‘lovey-dovey’ spiritual kind, which looks good on the surface.
And by the way… in case some ‘smart-ass’ might try to home in on an apparent contradiction–a loving Spirit not forcing Adolf Hitler to change his thinking, yet it would have been OK for someone to shoot him. Shooting Hitler would have been a hindrance, diversion, and prevention. It is not the same as subjugating a will at its core. Just because a mind can kill does not mean it is not a loving mind. The key is the intent behind the thought and deed.
Had my abilities been manifest during the Falklands War when I was a young man, being British, I would have used them against the minds, health and more of the Argentine pilots in particular, especially their more senior officers (pilots). My aim would have been to cause the Argentine pilots to make more mistakes at a minimum and thus help our armed forces increase their kill rate, thus protecting our military personnel (my ‘brothers’) from people who invaded, and were, the aggressors.
And here’s another thought you may find shocking… do we know what Hitler is doing now? Is he enjoying the beautiful peace often described by people who have had near-death experiences?
Or was Hitler so evil that he crossed a line and is thus in a hellish dimension? Where is that line? Perhaps Hitler has been ‘forgiven’? How evil have we been? How evil could we have been had our governments embraced Nazism? How can we judge others and be fair? Honestly?
These are, of course, rhetorical questions. However, the best ‘answer’ is to connect with genuine Spirit and learn how to think clearly lest we do evil.
Further reading: Sartori, Dr. P. (2014). Wisdom of Near-Death Experiences. Watkins Media Limited.
Additional points for consideration:
- Do think about how you might be compassionate to ‘wrongdoers’.
- Don’t be unjust, which is easy to do.
- Those who know how to curse are better placed to understand how to heal and counter curses.
- What about the “Law of Threefold Return”, often quoted by Wiccans and others? This concept, which has debatable history, was apparently initially published by Gerald Gardner in his novel High Magic’s Aid in 1949.
Ref: Gardner, G. B. (2010). High Magic’s Aid.
The “Law of Threefold Return” is a form of self-curse and a ‘selfish motivator’ for doing good in case something bad happens to you. A healthy and mature relationship with Spirit fosters, facilitates, and embodies a liking for righteousness for its own sake–not to avoid a ‘penalty’. As we have seen, it is sometimes necessary to harm, including by spiritual means.
- Tacitus, a Roman historian, tells us that ancient Druids from his time cursed their enemies.
- If you want to challenge your thinking further, read this article: Dark Shamanism: Embracing the Shadow. Read it also in the context that perhaps, some people described within may have wandered off the true path of Shamanism with some of their actions–somewhat similar to the issue that all religions and spiritual traditions are corruptions of our original spirituality, which is Animism.
- It is important to have an attitude that is able and willing to bless one’s enemies-bad people if Spirit wills it–in other words, having a ‘non-attachment’ to the outcome.
- The Bible, in John 15:13 (NIV), says: “Greater love has no one than this:to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” An alternative (better) mindset is: ‘for one’s enemies’ (or ‘for people to whom you have no attachment, or who can do you no harm/cannot help you’)–and if you have that attitude/can do that, then you are truly free of untoward malice. Ref: Tyndale. (2020). NIV Life Application Study Bible, Third Edition, Large Print (Red Letter, Hardcover). Tyndale House Publishers.
- In some cases, I use my spiritual powers against my enemies. This is usually in severe cases only and is generally after the offender has had ample opportunity to apologise and put things right, to compensate me, etc. A belief in spiritual powers by offenders is unnecessary, and most are totally unaware of what is going on spiritually. I am not a bitter or unforgiving, and it is not about revenge – it’s far more profound than that. Sometimes it’s a case of nullifying their bad energies and effects.
- Finally, and this is deep; besides the point of us, here in the West, having been ‘pickled’ in Christian and other New Age ‘lovey-dovey’ or ‘woo woo’ subconscious spiritual conditioning; most of us have never acknowledged and thus been able to get free from the deep evil ‘potential’ that lives in our own souls. Thus we can be ‘defensive’ or think with apparent certainty that we would never behave in a certain way–yet without having been in a situation where we might find out the truth about ourselves (for example: if our survival was threatened), how can we be sure? Personally, I rely on Spirit for ‘goodness’ in my heart, as well as peace of mind and lots more, for long ago, during my Shamanic ‘initiation’, I realised that my heart was capable of any depth of evil.
Please get in touch if you think you need help to overcome ‘bad energies’, curses or similar. Or the badness within yourself. You will be treated with care, concern, discretion and humility.